ramblings.

// As I've gotten further along in my pregnancy, this blog has turned into mostly weekly bump updates. Bumpdates, if you will. And even then, I can't tell you how impressed I am with myself for sticking with it since the blog is the first thing to go when I'm sick or busy or looking for focus again. However, I'm hoping that over the next few months my drive to continue posting will return and fingers crossed it isn't all baby/kid stuff. ;)

// Ben and I stayed up until 12:30am last night watching clips from Jimmy Fallon's YouTube channel and completely lost it when this clip played. We couldn't stop laughing and I'm pretty sure I haven't cried so hard in quite a while. My favorite moments in marriage are the ones that you can't capture with a camera.

// I've been completely awful the last month to month and a half at setting aside time to read. I have a stack of books on my nightstand that I'm interested in getting through, I just haven't found the motivation to start them. After recently feeling like my brain was slightly turning to mush, I downloaded a few eBooks and audiobooks from my library app and have done much better at using "down" time to get through those. Now if only I could get myself to physically pick up a book.

// The weirdest thing about waiting for baby to come any day now is not being able to make concrete plans or commit to being at events. Dinner with friends in a week? Can't promise we'll be there. Cooking club next month? Probably not. Early morning meeting on Sunday? Possibly. It's so incredibly hard for me not to have a set date and time, and just go with the flow. ;)

// I have a little huge travel bug right now. With gas prices as cheap as they are, I'm itching to go on a road trip and explore a new city or state! I'd probably drive to Kansas City or Indianapolis (both on my 2016 list!) if we weren't expecting a major life-altering event to occur any day. . .

// I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to my maternity leave. My job and coworkers are great, but I'm so excited to take a break and focus on my family 100% for a few months. Everyone keeps telling me how fast it's going to fly by and how I won't be able to get anything done with a newborn, but we'll see! Once baby is a little bit older and it starts to warm up outside I'm hoping to get out of the house and explore some local attractions that I haven't yet seen. Or I might just settle for a shower. We'll see. :)

Post a Comment