1. Kansas City, MO // Every time Ben and I drive out west we pass through Kansas City and mention how fun it would be to stop and explore. With a cousin now living there (moved just a few days ago!), I'd love to make the 3 1/2 hour drive to see historic church sites, eat good BBQ, and do some shopping downtown.
2. New York City, NY // Some of our friends moved to NYC last year, and we've been dying to go visit them for a few days! While there I would be ecstatic to see Times Square again, visit the new(ish) 9/11 memorial, and eat a Levain Bakery cookie. (Repeat from last year.)
3. Indianapolis, IN // Ben has an aunt and uncle that live in Indianapolis and with it only being a 4 hour drive away, it sounds like a fun weekend trip! The Civil War museum, Cajun/Creole food at Yats, and a walk along Central Canal are calling my name. (Repeat from last year.)
4. St. George, UT // When I think of a fun and relaxing destination, I think of St. George! I'd love to go with family this year and check out Zions National Park, get a juicy steak at Anasazi Grill, and see an outdoor play at the Tuacahn.
5. San Diego, CA // After going east for our "big" vacation last year, I feel like we need to go west this year to balance things out. ;) I've spent hardly any time in San Diego and have heard lots of good things about it from friends. It would be fun to check out La Jolla Cove, find some authentic Mexican food, and see the Mormon Battalion Historic Site.
Where are you hoping to travel to this year?