reading recommendation: Me Before You

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

I'm sure you've seen this book on every "top 10 books of 2015" list like I have, as well as displayed at the front of every bookstore for the last little while. It had been on my list of books to get around to reading for months, and I'm so glad that I finally took the time to start it. (I completely dread starting books. Nothing is harder than those first 10-20 pages!) Once I got into the story though I couldn't put it down. I loved the totally unpredictable - yet completely predictable - aspect of the story, which bumps this novel a step above your regular, old chick flick read. And over time in the story, I loved watching the two very opposite main characters learn to tolerate each in their own ways. This book is perfect for a rainy day in, a day spent at the beach, or for your train ride home from work each day for a week.

Goodreads summary:
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time
.

Post a Comment