baby growing: week 22

Again, completely forgot to get a picture this week, so this is actually my week 23 picture. ;) And as always, keeping it classy with the mirror photos.

week 22 // 10-1-15

How far along? 22 weeks.

How big is baby? The size of a papaya or a spaghetti squash.

Total weight gain? 12 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I'm almost to the point of saying goodbye to the last of my non-maternity stretchy skirts, and as a result I've been sticking to scrubs for work and maternity jeans on the weekend.

Sleep? Sleeping well but definitely waking up with a sore back each morning.

Food cravings? I really wanted fresh mozzarella cheese with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar at one point this week. Mmm! Most of the time food doesn't sound particularly delicious so I've learned to just eat whatever is on the schedule for dinner that night and not think too much about the taste. Also, chocolate chip cookies. Those always happen to sound good. ;)

Food aversions? Still not a big fan of chicken, but I've eaten it a few times this week without wanting to die. #improvement

Movement? Yes! I feel like a few times this week the movement changed from "light" to "medium," and Ben was able to (lightly) feel the baby kick for the first time.

Belly button in or out? In.

Weird pregnancy things? My heartburn will decide to act up one day and then it's non-existent the next. Oh, and I got my first Charlie horse in the middle of the night this week. That was a little surprising. :) I can no longer bend in the middle- sitting on our deep couch is nice on my back, but getting up is tricky, and forget about bending over to pick anything up! I now understand why pregnant women squat down to grab things off the floor.

Best moment this week? A friend made dinner for us one night this week and I swear food tastes 10 times better when you don't have to make it yourself. That was pretty great!

Post a Comment