reading recommendation: Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomory

When I was 6 years old I was lucky enough to spend a few days with my grandparents at their home in Oregon. Not only did I get my grandparents all to myself, but my grandpa introduced me to Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe, for which I am grateful. The two of us sat on the couch with a rather large bag of York Peppermint Patties between us and we settled in for a double feature of Anne of Green Gables followed by Anne of Avonlea, which hooked me from the get-go. Years later I spent a summer (somewhere between the 5th and 7th grades, I believe) reading all 8 books in the series and falling in love with the characters on a whole new level. My favorite, of course, was the first book, Anne of Green Gables. I love Anne's unintentional impish ways and reading about the different scraps of trouble she finds herself in as she goes about doing things with her heart in the right place - for the most part. :)

Goodreads summary: Everyone's favorite redhead, the spunky Anne Shirley, begins her adventures at Green Gables, a farm outside Avonlea, Prince Edward Island. When the freckled girl realizes that the elderly Cuthberts wanted to adopt a boy instead, she begins to try to win them and, consequently, the reader, over.

1 comment