DIY 5 Minute Table Runner

I'm a big fan of anything that makes my home feel more...homey. Candles, throw pillows, picture frames, you name it. (My latest addition to a bare wall was this fun map.) I've had a black and white striped table runner out for the last few months and recently decided that I needed something more colorful and fun as we head into the warmer months. But I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. 

While returning something at Walmart, I decided to take a look through the fabric aisles and was pleasantly surprised at their selection! I found this cute, colorful fabric and knew I wanted to use it right away. This DIY is so easy that it hardly deserves a post of its own, but I've had a few friends ask for directions.
What You'll Need:
1 - 1 1/2 yards of fabric
rotary cutter & mat
sewing machine
thread
scissors

1. Fold your fabric hamburger style and continue to fold it that way until it all fits on your cutting mat. (So technical, ha ha.)
2. After making sure the fabric is lined up straight, trim the side edges so they're straight.
3. Measure the halfway point and cut your fabric into two equally sized pieces.
4. Open up both pieces and put them together with the colorful sides facing together.
5. Pin the top and sew them together. Voila!

(If you wanted to turn it into a 10 minute table runner, you could turn all of the edges under so the fabric won't fray easily. I just didn't have time to do so!)

Post a Comment