26 books challenge: (#1) a book you own but haven't read.


After posting about the reading challenge last week, I had lofty goals to start knocking out books, but got sidetracked by Working Stiff - the memoir of a forensic pathologist who lived in NYC during 9/11. It was incredibly interesting, made me sick to my stomach at times, and increased my knowledge of the autopsy process by 1000%. However, I don't think I'll be picking up any more pathology memoirs anytime soon!

Moving on to the reading challenge. . .

Book #1: A book you own but haven't read.
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
4 out of 5 stars - I really liked it. 

I liked the advice given by cute, old Morrie and think it would benefit everyone to reflect on his aphorisms regularly, but I didn't walk away from the book feeling like my life was drastically changed. While it was short and sweet and I truly did enjoy it, it didn't make me reflect much on my own life. It's the kind of book I can see English teachers loving and asking their classes to write up journal entries about. And I really hated useless writing exercises. ;) 

currently reading. . .

Book #2: A book that was made into a movie.
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

Post a Comment