Easter + General Conference.

This year on Easter Sunday we were fortunate enough to be able to hear from our church leaders at general conference. Ben suggested we dress up in our church clothes and head over to the church to watch it with our ward there. (Long story short, we drove over to the church but ended up having to watch it at home in end.)

During the break between sessions we decided to go for a walk around our neighborhood and into the park close to our house. It was such a beautiful day and it seemed like everything had come to life that weekend; the flowers were blooming and the little buds on the trees decided to make an appearance. Symbolic for Easter Sunday! 

After watching the afternoon session of conference, we threw some ribs on the grill and made dinner for my family since they pulled into town that night. It may not have been your classic Easter dinner, but I'd take baked beans and ribs over ham any day! (We're kind of lacking in the tradition department over here...although I suppose that's something that will come along with kids.)

P.S. Ben and I don't do Easter baskets for each other, but we've gone to the store a few days after Easter two years in a row to each pick out a bag of candy that's 75% off. That's a tradition, right? ;) I just keep telling myself that as I eat my $1 bag of Cadbury eggs. (Clean eating starts up again tomorrow. I can hardly bear to think about it, ha.)

---------------------------------------

If you missed general conference or want to figure what in the world I'm talking about, check it out here and click on "sessions," "speakers," or "topics." I'm excited to watch and read the talks again over the next few months, but my current favorites are this talk, this talk, and this talk.

Check out Alexa's adorable women's conference printables! I love them all and can't wait to tape/hang/pin them up all around our apartment.

Jenna from Mom, the Intern wrote a really great post about Sister Wixom's talk on Sunday and summed up a few of my thoughts on encouraging light much more eloquently than I ever could. It's well worth the read, regardless of your religion. 

My favorite conference memes here, here, here, and here.

Post a Comment