Fresh Starts

"This year, mend a quarrel.  Seek out a forgotten friend.  Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.  Write a letter.  Give a soft answer.  Encourage youth.  Manifest your loyalty in word and deed.  Keep a promise.  Forgo a grudge.  Forgive an enemy.  Apologize.  Try to understand.  Examine your demands on others.  Think first of someone else.  Be kind.  Be gentle.  Laugh a little more.  Express your gratitude.  Welcome a stranger.  Gladden the heart of a child.  Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.  Speak your love and then speak it again."

Howard W. Hunter
 
I posted this quote exactly one year ago and couldn't help but post it again as we begin down a new, fresh path. What a great reminder to do good and improve yourself this year by helping others and focusing on the positive! I love the start of each year - feeling like I can shape myself into whoever I want to be, whether it's someone who's more kind, giving, healthy, energetic, patient, talented, well read, organized, etc. I really love the idea of picking a word and applying it to your life throughout the year, so I thought I'd give it a try. My goal for 2015 is to simplify. So, here's to focusing on the important things and cutting out the things that get in the way of that. Happy goal setting, my friends!

Did you choose a word to focus on this year? If so, what's your word?

Post a Comment