Today, my new friend, Alyssa, is sharing a long and fabulous list of stocking stuffer ideas! My favorites include art supplies for kids, portable chargers for phones (I got Ben one this year...shhhh!), card games, LED slap bracelets for runners, and baking supplies. :) Check out her 60+ ideas and let me know what some of your favorites are!
Author: Alyssa Craig
As you are running around, frantically collecting gifts to put under the tree or to ship to loved ones who live far away, don’t forget about the stocking stuffers! While larger presents usually go under the tree, stocking stuffer presents are a fun opportunity to get creative, as they have to be small enough to fit in the stocking! Consider some of these fun ideas and don’t be afraid to think out of the box.
For the Kids
- Art supplies such as crayons, markers, a stamp set, or small paints and brushes
- Bath toys like rubber duckies, boats and bath paints for younger children
- Small stuffed animal
- Fun bibs to replace the ones that are likely well worn
- Magnet numbers and letters for the fridge
- Coloring books of their favorite movie or television show characters
- Ties or bow ties for boys young and old
- Compact mirror for the ladies
- Pocket screwdriver
- Clutch purse for the women or a coin purse for the little girls
- Warm gloves
- Scarves, both warm and decorative
- Head wrap
- Mini measuring tape
- Tide To Go pen, a necessity for most of mankind
- Lint roller
- Portable charger for phones and other electronic devices
- Phone case to replace the one that has likely seen better days
- Bacon candy canes. Need I say more?
- Astronaut ice cream. Your kids will be telling their friends about this cool treat!
- Candy necklace or bracelet
- Gift card to your loved one’s favorite restaurant or treat store
- Teeth whitening. If you don’t have any immediate plans to visit the dentist for professional whitening, consider getting your family member some whitening products.
- Lotions. Especially in dry climates, you can never have too much lotion during the winter.
- Chapstick. For some reason, chapsticks go missing as often as bobby pins and socks. You can never have too many of them.
- Makeup Brush Set. This might be a great gift for a teen who is just starting to wear makeup.
- Nail polish or patterned nail stickers
- Hair ties. Every girl can always use more hair ties.
- Electric toothbrush, for the orally hygienic member of the family
- Perfume or cologne
- A classic book such as Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Moby Dick, or Tale of Two Cities
- Card games like Old Maid or Go Fish for the younger crowd or Uno and Phase 8 for the older ones
- Headphones or earbuds
- Mad Lib books. These are always a hit at sleepovers.
- Mini portable speakers that can be used with phones or MP3 players
- LED slap bracelet for bikers, runners, or walkers to be easily visible
- Fit Bit or Nike Fuel+Band
- Wireless headphones they will absolutely love
- Sports watch to track distance, heart rate, and speed
- A note letting them know you have signed them up for an event in which they have been wanting to compete
- Sports socks - a highly undervalued part of any athlete’s wardrobe
- Chew toys. Festive toys are especially delightful.
- Laser cat toy for both your’s and your cat’s entertainment
- I.D. tag with all of Spot’s information just in case
- Dog cookies so your pet does not feel left out of all the holiday eating
- A holiday outfit or sweater
In the Kitchen
- Reusable cupcake cups
- Mini whisk
- Measuring spoons or cups
- Mug with a favorite quote or picture of their favorite place
- Frother to make your drinks extra fancy
- Hot cocoa, coffee, tea, or cider packets
- Cookie cutters in fun shapes and sizes
- Bookmark for the bookworm in your life
- Mini notebook that can easily fit in bags or purses
- New journal (or diary if it is for a young girl)
- Microfiber cleaning cloths for a camera
- Mini tripod for phones to make it easier to take selfies
- Flash bounce light diffuser for the serious photographer
- Sketch pad and pencils
The holidays give you a great opportunity to show your loved ones how much you care and how well you know them with personalized stocking stuffer gifts. As you catch the vision and start collecting stocking stuffers, your only concern will be if there is enough stocking to contain all these great presents!