Pi(e) Day!


Today is 3/14 and pi is 3.14159265359........  Therefore, it's Pi Day.

If you didn't know what Pi Day was right off the bat, I want to know how you made it through elementary school.  Pi Day was always right up there with the 100th day of school festivities and read-a-thons.  Growing up stinks.  I vote for celebrating Pi Day at work.

In high school, I had a friend whose mom always had this chocolate pie in their fridge.  In fact, she'd make like 2 or 3 of them at a time because so many teenagers would come over and partake of the deliciousness.  And it was easy to make.

All you need is a pre-made chocolate pie crust, 4 Hershey's chocolate bars, and a tub of Cool Whip.  Melt the 4 chocolate bars (microwave or stovetop) and mix into the Cool Whip.  Pour into the crust and refrigerate for 4+ hours.  I sprinkled some Heath bits on top of this one.  Note: the pie in my picture isn't filled to the top of the crust, but that's because I didn't have a full thing of Cool Whip to work with.

Enjoy!

1 comment

  1. Try melting some jumbo marshmallows into the Hershey some time. Yum, yum, yum

    ReplyDelete