hands down, the best pumpkin muffins ever.

As much as I love fall and the changing weather, I have to admit that I'm not the biggest pumpkin fan. Sure, I'll down a pumpkin cookie or two as long as it's topped with with cream cheese frosting (I'd eat anything covered in cream cheese frosting ;), or even eat a slice of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, but you won't ever see me making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. 

However.

I could eat a million of these pumpkin muffins. Well, maybe 5 in one sitting. I love how light and fluffy they are, and the pumpkin taste isn't overpowering. Plus, because I used coconut oil I felt a tiny bit healthier than if I had thrown in a stick of butter. That has to count for something, right?
Coconut Oil Pumpkin Muffins
1 3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/8 c. molasses
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 eggs
1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin puree
1/2 c. coconut oil (melt it down to liquid form!)
1 t. vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375* and insert 12 paper liners in your muffin pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar, molasses, baking soda, salt, and spices in your mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix until everything is incorporated but be careful not to overmix!
5. Scoop the batter into each paper liner and fill so they're nearly full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

It's definitely not necessary since they're absolutely delicious on their own, but I sprinkled a pinch of powdered sugar on top of a few and it was fabulous!

Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
 
And a special thanks to Nutiva for making high quality, organic coconut oil that helps me feel less guilty about baking. ;)

2 comments

  1. I can understand when you wrote that you're not the biggest pumpkin fan, because me neither. But those look so yummy and I'll definitely give it a try! Thanks for sharing and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete