baby growing: 19 weeks (but really 20 weeks!)


week 19 (actually 20) // 9-15-15

How far along? 20 weeks.

How big is baby? The size of a banana/small cantaloupe(?).

Total weight gain? 9 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Definitely wearing maternity jeans! I have some normal shirts and skirts that still work, but I'll need to get some maternity shirts or tanks in basic colors to wear under cardigans and whatnot within the next month or so. Also, has anyone purchased or tried maternity tights before?

Sleep? Sleeping well! I'm waking up between 2am and 4am most nights to use the restroom.

Food cravings? Fruit, chocolate, and candy corn. 'Tis the season!

Food aversions? Chicken. (I could have added this one on months ago, but always forgot... My pre-natals make me gag and immediately feel nauseous- both the pills and the gummies. I've tried taking them right after lunch and that seems to help, but I definitely don't look forward to it each day.)

Movement? Yes! Light movements here and there.

Belly button in or out? In.

Weird pregnancy things? 1) I'm starting to wake up most mornings with a slightly sore back but a warm shower always takes care of that. 2) More heartburn! I'll probably throw some Tums in my purse before too long so I always have some on me, but for now I'm trying to avoid super spicy and acidic foods which seem to be catalysts for me. 3) Lots of little cramps. I had one really strong cramp a few mornings ago that gave me a glimpse into what labor might be like and now I'm terrified to say the least. ;)

Best moment this week? Finding out the gender! Can't believe it's a GIRL! Also finding out I'm a week further along than I was originally told. Hey, it might only be a week, but I'll take it.

Post a Comment