Whole 30: Week 4

Today's my last day of Whole 30!!! If you couldn't tell by the exclamation points, I'm pretty excited about making it all the way through without giving up! I'm down 8.5 pounds from March 1 and my clothes fit great. I plan on continuing to eat clean and sticking with Whole 30 foods for the most part since I've felt so much better this month, but will also allow myself to eat non-Whole 30 foods every so often. I can't tell you all how excited I am to make cinnamon rolls this weekend for General Conference!

What I've Been Eating/Doing This Week

I have to admit that I slacked off quite a bit this week as I got sick of making food multiple times a day and eating the same things over and over. Instead of making actual meals some nights, I'd dig through the fridge and eat stuff that didn't necessarily make up a meal. For example, I'd eat a bowl of strawberries, a handful of carrots, a sweet potato, and some tuna. Or a pear, some jerky, a fried egg, and some broccoli. I realized that I definitely do better with actual meals and meals that are better balanced. Friday night we went out to dinner with friends and I decided to have a slice of pizza since I was only a few days away from being done with Whole 30. Worst decision ever! I was so sick that night as my body digested the gluten and dairy, and now pizza sounds awful. (I guess that's why they say slowly add things back into your diet. :)) I didn't make any new recipes, but we used our favorites from the previous weeks.
^^Spaghetti squash, ground beef meatballs, diced tomatoes, & cantaloupe. Mixed green salad with a cilantro-lime vinegarette (grilled chicken not pictured). Two fried eggs & a banana.^^

Results From Week 4

I basically feel the same as last week - healthy and energetic! Sick of eating the same foods, bored, and getting lazy with food prep. I didn't get my 10,000 steps in each day this week, and with colder weather, I didn't too much in the way of physical activity. I lost half a pound this week.

Goals For the Upcoming Week

Stick with eating clean for the most part and work on discovering new recipes! Also, make the perfect cinnamon rolls for General Conference. ;)

Post a Comment