Whole 30: Week 2

Another week come and gone, and I can't say I'm sad to see it go! I've been craving lasagna and homemade rolls for a few days and can't wait to make slightly healthier versions of them for a Sunday dinner next month.

What I've Been Eating/Doing This Week

To be honest, we had a lot of the same meals as last week with the exception of a few new recipes... there's only so much you can do with meat, fruits, and veggies. While grocery shopping a few days ago I tried to buy produce we didn't eat last week in the hopes that it would mix it up a little. I'm currently sick of salads and definitely sick of chicken. Overall, throwing dinners together got a whole lot easier when I stopped focusing on recipes and more on what flavors would taste good together. For example, one night we had chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, onions, spinach, tomatoes, and carrots all thrown together; it was amazing! One evening I didn't have time to make dinner before running out the door, so I stopped by Chipotle and got a carnitas salad (just the lettuce, meat, pico de gallo, and guacamole) and it was wonderful in every way. I have a feeling I'll be back again before the month is over! We tried a few new recipes and loved this one, but didn't care much for this one.
^^Spaghetti squash, meatballs, & mango. Spinach, tomatoes, carrots, & chicken sausage mixed with sweet potatoes. Chicken fajitas with romaine lettuce instead of tortillas & mango salsa on top.^^
^^Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin & spinach, tomatoes, and carrots. Frozen grapes. The cinnamon rolls I made for my husband's thesis committee that were my biggest temptation this week. It was a struggle to not give in!^^

Results from Week 2

This week was a little bit harder as I got bored with the food, but I kept up with tracking my calories and steps with My Fitness Pal. I definitely didn't meet my goal of getting 10,000 steps in for 7 days (Sundays are my downfall!) and I didn't go to the gym once last week! I'm okay with it since my focus is mostly on eating clean. I lost 2 pounds, but more importantly, my clothes are starting to fit so much better! I took myself shopping on Saturday as a reward and bought a new church dress.

Tips & Tricks

I've heard that cravings persist for 5 minutes. I found that if I started thinking about sugar and I waited 5 minutes, I usually didn't end up needing to eat a piece of fruit or some coconut chips.

Frozen fruit. I loved sucking on some frozen grapes or strawberries when I couldn't get rid of those cravings. :)

As I mentioned previously, I had to make cinnamon rolls and it was awful. It was especially awful to come home after a bad day at work and see a few leftovers sitting there. I made Ben give away extra cinnamon rolls so we wouldn't eat them. Out of sight, out of mind!

Try the coconut oil cooking spray from Trader Joe's instead of using EVOO. It adds such a great flavor to whatever you're cooking!

Goals For the Upcoming Week

Drink half my body weight in ounces of water every single day. Run outside twice and go to the gym twice with Ben, as well as hit my 10,000 steps for 7 days straight!

Post a Comment