in which i pretend i have painting skills.

A few weeks ago, my friend Alicia discovered a thing called Paint Nite on Groupon. She sent out an email to all of the women in our ward inviting us to tag along with her, and I thought the idea was so great that I signed up immediately! I've never been one to pull out paint and paper and create masterpieces (mostly because I can't paint or draw to save my life), but this event sounded too fun to pass up.
Paint Nite usually takes place at a bar (people can get unlimited drinks with the Groupon - we got ice waters, haha) where an art instructor shows everyone how to paint the same picture. We signed up to paint a bunch of blue flowers.
From looking at the pictures, you get the idea that everyone interprets things differently or takes their painting in different directions. One guy decided to paint his abstractly while some women chose to follow the instructor exactly, and my friends and I decided to half listen to the instructor and half do whatever the heck we wanted!
All in all, it took about 2 hours from start to finish and the time seriously flew by. We had so much fun sipping our ice waters (haha) and chatting while painting. I think it's safe to assume that we're all looking forward to trying it again next time it's discounted on Groupon! Wherever you live, you should definitely check out what paintings are being done in your area and jump on that!
^^I have to admit, I'm super surprised that I don't absolutely hate my painting. Pretty sure it won't be displayed anywhere in our apartment, but I'm proud of the fact that I actually painted something!^^

Have you done something similar to this before?

1 comment

  1. I have seen coupons for this in my town as well! I have wanted to try it with my husband! Glad to know it was fun!

    ReplyDelete