I'm a sucker for desserts that require hardly any effort or attention. Probably because I'm more likely to mess up something with 30 steps and I often forget that there's food in the oven.
(Last week I accidentally left a pan of mini cupcakes in the oven and went ahead and preheated the oven for something else. Ten minutes later I smelled something burning and discovered some pretty charred mini cupcakes in the oven. Not knowing what to do with them and wanting to get the burning smell out of my house since people were coming over soon, I set the pan outside on a rock. That night when I went to take care of the mini cupcakes all I found was the pan and I was so confused. Apparently squirrels don't mind burned food. The end.)
I'm happy to report that these easy-peasy Oreo cake pops are fail-proof, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. Especially perfect for baby showers! My cute friend, Lauren, had her baby boy earlier this week . . . but not before we had a chance to celebrate Mom and baby with presents, games, and Oreo pops. :)
Easy-Peasy Oreo Pops
1 pkg. of Oreos
2/3 pkg. of cream cheese, softened
white melting chocolate
1. Use a food processor to grind up the Oreos, or throw them all in a bag and smash them into itty, bitty pieces if you don't own a processor.
2. Mix together the cream cheese and crushed Oreos.
3. Roll them into 1" balls and throw them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Melt however much of the chocolate you think you'll need in the microwave by following the directions on the package. I ended up melting mine by 2 chunk increments, for 30-45 seconds at a time.
5. Dip a lollipop stick in the chocolate to cover 1/2" and stick it in your cake pop. Repeat until all have a stick.
6. Spoon the melted chocolate over your Oreo pop and place on wax paper to cool.
7. Add sprinkles immediately if you are going to do so. The chocolate dries faster than you'd think!