primary-isms, round 2.

I teach the 6 to 8-year olds at church and these are some of the gems I've heard recently.

Sister W: "What do you guys like to do when you're feeling reverent?"
9-year old boy: "I like to eat a banana and go serve someone."


8-year old boy: "Is church almost over? We're gonna go see Transformers after church but this is taking too long."


Me: "So let's review! What's the first step of repentance?"
7-year old boy visiting class: "What would happen if you murdered two people and then ran to your house and hid under your bed and blamed it on your twin brother? Dang it, there's a rock in my shoe!"


Sister D: "Do any of you have stories about your ancestors that you want to share with us?"
7-year old boy: "My grandpa fought in a war with George Washington but I can't remember which one."
Sister D: "Oh, did one of your great, great, great grandpas fight in the Revolutionary War?"
7-year old boy: "I've never heard of that, but I know he was in Korea or something like that."

Original primary-isms post here.

Post a Comment