the family that plays together, stays together.

(The last picture isn't edited at all.  Cool gray leaves, huh?)


I can not tell you all how excited I was for this past weekend to finally arrive!  My mom and sister flew in to St. Louis on Friday afternoon and played with us for the weekend, before heading home Monday night.  Our playing consisted of:  a yummy Americanized-Mexican restaurant, famous Ted Drewes frozen custard, doing family baptisms at the St. Louis Missouri temple, the Arch museum, going up in the Arch, the Missouri Botanical Gardens, the huge mall, the absolute best Italian restaurant in the little Italian area, church, a short tour of both Washington University campuses, driving through old neighborhoods, playing games, eating pie, and painting nails.  Monday was my first day of work (as a research assistant for a professor at Wash U, for those of you who asked!), so Ben, my sister, and mom met up with me for lunch, and I said goodbye to them there.  

We had so much fun with them and can't wait to see them again at Christmas! 

1 comment

  1. I'm so glad you had a great time with your family. Those really are the best kinds of weekends! Not too much longer til Christmas!

    ReplyDelete